Pages

May 17, 2012

Past Blog Entries # 2

Continuing to repost some older posts below are a couple more.


Forgotten Signature

At a fall show in Woodstock CT Pam from Maine (way up north in Maine) bought my painting of sheep that I had brought to the show newly finished.  I packed the painting so well for her knowing how far it was to travel home that I wasn't thinking to check for signatures.  Monday morning Pam emailed...no signature.  I couldn't believe it because I am trying to check carefully when selling or delivering to galleries knowing that I had forgotten this before.  I could tell how hard she scrutinized this painting for any signature and it just wasn't there.  Instead of letting this go we made a date and each of us drove a few hours to meet.  It was cold and windy but no snow so I took out my paints and signed away in the parking lot.  Just received these photos from Pam of the two of us with her new painting and how it hangs in her home is below.  Sorry about that Pam and thanks for understanding and sending photos.  Update - I haven't forgotten to sign any paintings since this one.  But I can now say I have forgotten to sign paintings that went to four different states and all have been remedied.




Some Collectors

A collector from New Jersey last may sent me this photo of three paintings in her home.



For a couple of years now at just about every outdoor festival or gallery show I look up to see these folks stopping by.  They have two paintings, one of which is a portrait of their most wonderful little guy.


These folks from Pennsylvania stopped by and I took a photo with one of their new paintings.




No comments:

Post a Comment